Thursday, September 24, 2009

A lazy woman awake...

I create this simple title for myself... who have been a sleeping queen for more yrs being a mother & wife... ;p

I'm wondering y suddenly I changed my mind not to be a lazy woman anymore... I'v nv & even dunno how to cook, t k my families & doing housework well... but today, I have changed my mind... I'm searching online for varieties of meal to cook & recruit a volunteer Sifu to guide me for some simple homecook... She was so happy that I'm awake and keep providing me the guide + 24hrs service for anytime i have questioned to call her... haha.. Thanks WC... Muaaakk.. ;p

If u ask wht has changed me?? I really dunno how to answer?? As dis is so sudden to me... until everybody so surprised, incl my lovely husband...!!! ;p Although he is the one to be my white mouse, he is willing...

The first meal I prepared was Soy Sauce Chicken (Kicap Ayam)... As this is the meal that suit for all ages... (So sad that I'v forgotten to take a photos to proof on it.. ;<) This is the simple homecook, for sure my Sifu close one eyes oso able to guide me...

After my working hours of Sat, I went to Tesco to buy all the ingredients, such as chicken meat, soya, cooking oil, etc... during the long holiday of Hari Raya... I done my housework well, and get ready to step into the kitchen for my first cook... My husband asking me wht to cook, I told him that, then he walked away and said, "sorry.. i can't help u as I nv been cooked such important dish b4.." haha.. so I asked him to wait & eat only... I felt he's looking down on me.. so I lagi hav to show my colours to him... ;p

First of all, I took out the chicken from the fridge and cut into pieces, then marinate with salt and sesame oil for taste and put aside. Then, slice the garlic and cut potatoes for side dish. Juz simple preparation!!

Start cooking now...
Heat oil in pan, fry potatoes till 'goldish' and leave aside. Then fry garlic and chicken till the chicken half cooked, after tht add water, light and dark soy sauce for taste..., put in the fried potatoes, stir until the sauces mixed and cover it until it has cooked (you have to check frequently to avoid over cooked.. ;p). Then serve. Sounds complicated for a pre-cooker... but trust me... if I can do it, you too!! ;>

My hb no comment on my first cook, he feels happy and appreciate for my willingness to cook for him... ;p

Then I found a simple cookies which can attract children.. Named Chocolate Coated Corn Flakes...
Preparation : Corn flakes 25g, 1 bar of Chocolate 75g, butter 30g, colourful bits for attraction and tiny paper cups for serve.
Start : Put a bowl on top of BOILED water to melt the chocolate and stir it (instead of that, u can melt ur chocolate inside the oven too.. ;p) then add in the butter (if u don like heavy butter taste, you may put 20g) and stir together. Pour in corn flakes, stir gently until the corn flakes are fully covered by chocolate then put into the paper cups and put candy bits on top. Finally, arrange nicely into a plates and cool it in the fridge, serve after it has cooled... ;> Simple, easy & yummy... ;> My kids love it, they will automatically open the fridge after reached home everyday to eat(i only allowed 1pc / day to avoid cough n heaty... ;p)

So, dear bginners... If i can do it.. you Too.. GaMbaTeh!!! (next time i will take photo to proof it..) ;p

2 comments:

  1. Dun lah said ownself lazy women... U just slow to wake up nia.. take time to warm up mah... hahahaha... Well done, very smart taugh via emails also can success mean u have talent in cooking leh.. so must keep on continue's so tht am become ur sifu also got face mah...gampateh... hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. TQ sifu.. I'm sure won't break ur "face" de...;p

    ReplyDelete